Submit your film for 2016
***MAIN CALL NOW CLOSED. UK STUDENTS HAVE UNTIL JUNE 6th TO SUBMIT***
Submissions for 2016 are now CLOSED, except UK students who have until June 6th
Encounters Festival is the UK’s leading short film and animation festival. The festival discovers, supports and develops new talent in filmmaking, providing a platform and meeting place for emerging and established filmmakers from around the world.
Encounters Festival presents one of the world’s leading International Competitions for short film and animation, and is also a gateway to the world’s most prestigious awards: The Oscars®, BAFTAs, European Film Awards and Cartoon d’Or.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FULL T & CS AND READ THESE VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR FILM.
• Submissions are open to short films from every genre including animation, documentary, drama, experimental, music or artist film.
• Films must have been completed after 1st January 2015.
• Films must be no longer than 30 minutes including credits.
• Encounters Festival does not require any premiere status.
• If the original language of dialogue in the film is not English, the preview and screening copy must be subtitled in English.
• All films must be available in 35mm print or DCP file for screening at the festival. The Festival can create a DCP file for you from a Pro-Res file for a fee.
DEADLINES SUBMISSION DEADLINES:
Monday 29th February 2016 – Films completed in 2015
Monday 2nd May 2016 – Films completed in 2016
Monday 6th June 2016 – UK Students only – for questions regarding UK Student submissions please email email@example.com
HOW TO SUBMIT
Encounters has teamed up with Reelport to provide an online submissions service. To guide you through the process of submitting work to the festival, here’s our handy how-to, in 7 steps.
1. READ OUR FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS Take the time to read the full terms and conditions here. You will find most of the answers you’re looking for. Plus in order to submit, you’ll have to agree to them.
2. REGISTER YOUR FILM AT REELPORT.COM Once you register all of your film details with Reelport you’ll be able to submit it to lots of wonderful festivals – including Encounters.
3. CREDIT YOUR REELPORT ACCOUNT Encounters charges 25 Euros for each submission. Your Reelport account must have the relevant value of credits (‘reels’) in order to complete the submission process. Multiple entry discounts are available (see the “Fees” section below).
4. SELECT TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM TO ENCOUNTERS SHORT FILM AND ANIMATION FESTIVAL There are loads of festivals to submit to on Reelport; look for the Encounters logo and make that your first port of call, you will need to either select for Short Film (Green button) or Animation (Red button.)
5. SELECT YOUR CORRECT AWARD ELIGIBILITY Make sure your film is entered into the correct categories to maximise its award winning potential.
6. CHECK ALL FILM INFORMATION IS ACCURATE AND READY FOR PRINT If your film is selected, your Reelport information will be used for our printed catalogue and also all online listings. Please ensure that this is accurate at time of submission, including (but not limited to) Title, Director, Producer, Length, Country of production and additional Cast and Crew.
7. UPLOAD YOUR FILM Very important – if you don’t upload it, we can’t see it.
8. CHECK THAT YOU HAVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM REELPORT Your submission is only complete when you receive a confirmation email from Reelport (remember to check your junk folder). Once you get this put your feet up and relax, no further action is necessary!
DepicT! – Can you do it in 90 seconds?
DepicT! is a Watershed project which is part of Encounters Short Film & Animation Festival. It challenges entrants to get as creative as they can within 90 seconds to be in with a chance to win £2,500. If your film is under 90 seconds and is submitted to Encounters then it will automatically be entered for DepicT! 2016. More info can be found here www.depict.org, and entry via this site is free. Follow us on Twitter and join our mailing list to find out when DepicT! opens for submissions via their own site.
Sign up to our
for news and alerts from the Encounters Festival