Encounters joins Bristol & Bath’s Cultural Flash Sale
Encounters offers 2 headline events at 50% discount for 24hr from 10am on Thursday 14 Sept.
CULTURE fans can save money on thousands of tickets across Bristol and Bath from 10am on Thursday (14 September) in a 24-hour flash sale.
Music, theatre, contemporary circus, exhibitions, art installations, opera, cinema, children’s literature events, and a walking tour, are included, as well as money off shop items and interval drinks.
It is the seventh 24-hour culture sale in Bristol, and the second in Bath, with a new Twitter hashtag of #CultureFlashSale and a full list of events is on the Visit Bristol website – http://bit.ly/2f7w6bB.
Bristol organisations and venues already signed up are:
- Music venues St George’s Bristol and Colston Hall
- Bristol Jazz and Blues Festival
- Bristol Old Vic, Tobacco Factory Theatres and the Bristol Hippodrome
- Arnolfini, Spike Island, Situations and Circus City 17
- Bristol Cathedral and Church Conservation Trust
- Bristol Museums
- Watershed cinema
Organisations and venues from Bath and surrounding area, taking part in the culture flash sale are:
- Bath Children’s Literature Festival
- Fashion Museum Bath
- Wiltshire Live Music Centre and Bath Camerata chamber choir
- The Edge
- Events sold through Bath Box Office
It is also the second time that the initiative has received the support of Bristol and Bath Cultural Destination project – the organisation behind Explore More Residents Weekend. The flash sale is also supported by the destination management organisation Visit Bristol and hotels.
The cultural flash sale gives residents and visitors to the two cities an opportunity to save money at their favourite venues and to also discover new places, events and activities.
Bristol and Bath culture flash sale highlights include:
- 25% off 24 classical, jazz, folk, world and family concerts, including Georgie Fame, Lanterns On The Lake, Chineke! Orchestra, James Rhodes, MiniBeats and Family Heritage Day, plus money-off interval drinks, at St George’s Bristol
- 20% off tickets for 12 concerts and events at Colston Hall, including the 150th anniversary mini-festival with featuring This is The Kit, plus Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra’s Clarinet Magic, funny man Gabriel Iglesias, Ross & Ali, Dylan LeBlanc, YolanDa Brown, soul legends Average White Band + Kokomo, Omar Sosa and Seckou Keita, family fun with Paddington & The Snowman, and live video-game/concert experience Dear Esther
- 241 offers on novel writer tickets including Eley Williams and Samanta Schweblin, 20% off Artists’ Editions and books including Richard Long and Xavier Antin, and 50% off last-minute tickets for The Artists’ Feature Film study day at Spike Island
- Half-price ticket voucher to Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2017 at M Shed, a third off selected school workshops at Bristol Museums, and 10% off shop purchases at M Shed and Bristol Museum & Art Gallery
- Great discounts on tickets for shows from the Aug – Dec 17 season at Tobacco Factory Theatres, including offers on season highlights Waiting for Godot, and Beauty and the Beast
- 30% off Autumn Season shows including The Caretaker, The Weir, The Bekkrell Effect, The Tin Drum and Christmas productions The Little Matchgirl and Snow Globe at Bristol Old Vic.
- 60 tickets for Raucous’ immersive theatre production, Ice Road, at the special price of £15
- 20% off 10 tickets to all Circus City shows
- £10 off the Church Conservation Trust’s Bristol Heritage Walking Tour and Lunch
- 25% off top-price tickets for the English National Ballet’s Romeo and Juliet at the Bristol Hippodrome
- 25% off a limited number of tickets to 29 events at Bath Children’s Literature Festival including Cressida Cowell, Star Wars with JAKE, Creating Doctor Who, Holly Smale, Kid Normal with Greg James and Chris Smith, Introducing Radio Boy with Christian O’Connell, and Dance! With Kimberley Wyatt plus much more
- 30% discount on 20 tickets to Fashion Museum Bath’s Twilight Talks
- 25% off tickets for Bath Camerata’s performance of Bach’s St John’s Passion at St Mary’s Redcliffe Church in Bristol
- 10% off Bristol Jazz and Blues Festival’s homage to Jimi Hendrix with Slight Return at Trinity
- 25% off tickets at Watershed cinema for Wind River, Limehouse Golem, Kills on Wheels, Daphne, Borg McEnroe and On Body and Soul
- 50% off tickets at Encounters festival for Desert Island Flicks with Michael Dudok de Wit and Tate presents Soul of a Nation: Art in the age of Black Power
- 20% off Arnolfini bookshop purchases and savings on film screenings and late night events
- 30% discount on screenings of The Mission and Contact, at Bristol Cathedral
- Discounts on events sold through Bath Box Office, for Bath Spa Live, Yonder Festival, Apollo Theatre’s Cult Figures: Kenneth Williams, Bath Mozartfest, Bath Recitals’ Music Around the World and Christmas Baroque, Oooh Arrr Productions’s Cinderella, Achieve Expo Events’ talks, Bath Philharmonia’s Faure Requiem and BRLSI’s Adelard Symposium
For further details of the 24-hour arts flash sale, including terms and conditions, please go to the websites of the organisations involved, or search on Twitter using the hashtag #CultureFlashSale from 10am on 14 September.
Sign up to our
for news and alerts from Encounters